- RELAIS DESSERTS
- Tasty confessions
- RELAIS DESSERTS CHARLES PROUST CONTEST
- GET DELIVERED
Brioche tart with plums and thick cream
Par Thierry MULHAUPT
FOR THIS RECIPE
- To serve six
- Here is another version of the plum tart beloved by us Alsatians. I like this brioche version because it is eaten warm and allows us to enjoy the sensation of hot and cold with the almost tangible aroma of the brioche plum and cinnamon fragrance. To be enjoyed with all the senses.
- Brioche dough 250g (see base recipes)
- Financiersponge 100g (see basic recipes)
- Plums 450g
- Cinnamon sugar 35g (see basic recipes)
- Icing sugar 20g
- Thick creme fraiche 150g to 200g (for accompaniment)
(Cut in half longitudinally and remove the stone in order to obtain plum halves)
Using a baking roller, spread the brioche pastry to make a 26cm diameter disc. Place the pie on a baking tray with baking paper. Allow to prove for about 30 minutes in a temperate environment. Garnish the top with the financiers and arrange the plum halves with the cup facing upwards. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and icing sugar.
Preheat the oven to 180° and bake for 40 minutes.
After baking, remove from the baking tray and serve immediately. This pie can be enjoyed warm with a nice spoonful of thick creme fraiche.
4/ Recommended wine:
Gewurztraminer Vendanges Tardives Clos Saint Landelin de chez Muré.
OUR SMALL STEPS
The Best Apprentice of France «Pastry» 2023 is Theo Levavasseur.
Congratulations to him and the 14 finalists who invested in this ambitious contest that Relais Desserts is proud to support.
Relais Desserts is the official partner of the Meilleurs Apprentis de France Pastry competition which will take place on March 13 at the CFA of Arras. We wish all candidates good luck!
The final of the Meilleurs Ouvriers de France Pastry event was held last week at the Lenôtre School. The candidates' buffets were magnificent and we look forward to the results.
Leave a Reply